Bokashi Biochar Blend: BioKashi
BioKashi is TeaLAB's favorite soil amendment. A mixture of fermented Wheat Bran and Biochar,this blend provides several different benefits:
- Introduces Beneficial Lactic Acid Bacteria that provide a safeguard against anaerobic soil conditions
- Introduces lactic acid, which helps to keep plant nutrients available
- Bran has nutritive value for plants and microbes
- Bran is food source for indigenous beneficial actinomycete bacteria (this is the white fuzziness that grows when you mix BioKashi into your soil or compost.)
- Biochar acts to retain solubilized nutrients so that they are not lost to leaching.
- Biochar acts as a substrate for beneficial microbes to grow in and on.
-Soluble Kelp Powder
-These ingredients introduce growth promoting nutrients and compounds-
**5 Gallon Bucket treats up to 2 Yards of Soil as an amendment or 3,000 square feet as a Top Dress
Your bucket of BioKashi should be kept with the lid closed in order to keep the moisture in and the oxygen out.
- 1/4 Cup per Square Foot, apply with amendments and/or compost.
- 1/4 Cup per Gallon of potting soil, or 2-4 Cups per Cubic Foot, or 1-2 Gallons per Yard. (The more you put in, the more it will cause the soil to heat up. Allow to cook for several days before planting.)
- This tea is an anaerobic tea, meaning that it needs conditions that are oxygen free. You will need a container with an air tight lid. Place BioKashi in Brew Bag (5 gal brew = 4 Cups, 50 Gallon Brew = 16 Cups), Place Bag in Bucket or Barrel of de-chlorinated water. Add Molasses (5 gal brew = 1/4-1/2 cup, 50 Gallon Brew = 1 Pint). Mix molasses thoroughly into the water. Place lid firmly on bucket so that it is air tight. The Lactic Acid Bacteria in the BioKashi will use the sugar in the molasses and multiply. As they use the sugar, they will release carbon dioxide gas that will make your bucket lid swell. You will want to burp the lid before it pops off and ruins your brew. Once the brew stops burping, you can use it as an additive. (Foliar Spray and or Soil Drench: 1oz-2oz per gallon of de-chlorinated water)
***Please call us to arrange shipping and payment for delivery of 50 gallon barrels!! (707) 798-7275 Thank you!!***
Shopping Cart Empty after adding items? You may need to clear your cookies. Darn those cookies.